If you’re looking to grow your business online this year, you should claim your Bing Places business listing to make sure your business is found in Microsoft Edge local search results!
We all know prospective customers search for products or services online when they are researching something they want to buy. But have you thought about other reasons prospective customers search for your business? Most of your customers will search your business to check your hours of operation or to get your phone number to call you from your online business listing too!
Unless you are a new business, it’s likely you already have (or should have) a Google Business Profile, but what if the person searching is using Microsoft Edge as their search engine? In Microsoft searches, you want to show up in organic search results with a Bing business listing and on Bing maps.
Bing Places for Business pull reviews from Facebook automatically into your business listing, so visitors get a lot of information about your business at a glance.
Someone recently said: “reviews, are the new word of mouth” and I suppose they are. We don’t necessarily ask around anymore for referrals, we simply check reviews online.
Bing Places for Business is one more powerful tool to help you reach more customers and grow your business by being found by search engines. The good news is, that your Bing business listing is likely already there – you simply need to claim it!
Bing Places for Business and Google My Business are both great tools for growing your business. However, there are some key differences between the two platforms.
In this blog post, we’ll compare a Bing Places business listing to Google My Business (now Google Business Profile), and show you how to claim your Bing Places for Business listing.
Bing Places vs Google My Business
When it comes to online business listings, there are two major players: Bing Places and Google My Business (now Google Business Profile). Both platforms are powerful tools that can help you reach more customers and grow your business.
So, which one should you use?
The answer is both of them! Bing Places and Google My Business are both essential tools for any business that wants to grow its online presence. Here’s a quick comparison of the two platforms:
Bing Places for Business Listing [BPB]:
- Bing is the second largest search engine in the world, with over 500 million monthly active users.
- Bing Places allows you to create a free listing with your business data.
- Bing Listings offers a variety of features, including the ability to add multiple business categories, photos, videos, and coupons.
- Bing Places listings appear in Bing search results and on Bing Maps if you list a physical location.
- REVIEWS: Bing Business pulls your Facebook reviews automatically into your Bing listing.
Google My Business (now Google Business Profile) [GBP]:
- Google is the largest search engine in the world, with over two billion monthly active users.
- Google Business Profile allows you to create a free listing for your business.
- GBP offers a variety of features, including the ability to add photos, videos, and coupons.
- Google Business Profile listings appear in Google search results and on Google Maps if you list a physical location.
- REVIEWS: Google Business Profile encourages visitors to leave reviews inside your profile.
As you can see, Bing Places and Google My Business are both great platforms for new and existing businesses that want to grow their online presence. So, how do you claim your Bing Places business profile?
How to Claim Your Bing Places for Business Profile
It’s easy! Just follow these steps to add your business information:
- New Business? Visit Bing Places for Business to register your business manually, or if you are an existing business do a Bing search for your business name, a profile with your business information is likely already started.
- Enter your business address, and business phone number.
- Select the business category that best describes your core business.
- Add a description of your business.
- Add photos and videos (optional).
- Claim your listing. The verification process is quick via email or text message.
A Bing places business listing offers a variety of features to help you grow your business with organic search results. So what are you waiting for? Claim your Bing Places business profile today!
How to claim your Google Business Profile
Google Business Profile (GBP) is an essential business listing for your business to have because Google is the number one search engine in the world. So, if you haven’t already set up your GBP, start here first, using our step-by-step guide “How to Set Up, Verify and Optimize Your New Google Business Profile”.
- Visit Google Business Profile.
- Enter your business details, name and address.
- Select the primary category that best describes your business.
- Add a description of your business.
- Add photos and videos (optional).
- Verify your listing. Typically Google will send a postcard verification with a verification pin code.
Bing Places and Google Business Profile are both essential tools for any business that wants to grow its online presence. So what are you waiting for?
Claim your Bing Business listing today!
If you’re looking for new business this year, claiming your Bing Places for Business listing is one more way online customers discover your products and services when using Microsoft search engine results. It will put your business information on bing maps, and make your Facebook reviews more visible.
So what are you waiting for? Claim your Bing Places for business listing today!
FAQs Your Bing Places Business Listing
Is Bing Places free?
Yes, you can add your business to Bing Places for free. Just go to www.bingplaces.com and follow the instructions.
Bing Places is a great way to get more visibility for your business. When people search for businesses like yours on Bing, they may see your listing in the organic search. And if they click on your listing, they'll be taken to your Bing Places page, where they can learn more about your business, see your hours of operation, and read customer reviews.
Is Bing Places for Business free?
Yes, Bing Places is free to use. Simply create a Bing Business account and start claiming your business listing. You can also add photos, videos, and additional details about your business to help customers find you online.
How do I add places to Bing?
To add a place to Bing, you can search for it on Bing Maps and then click "Add to My Places" in the top right corner. You can also add a place by navigating to bing.com/maps and clicking "Add a Place". Once you've added a place, you can view it on Bing Maps or get directions to it.
How does Bing Places for business work?
Bing Places for Business is a service that helps businesses promote themselves online through Bing, the search engine from Microsoft. It allows businesses to manage their listings on Bing, which can include important information like your business name, address, phone number, and hours of operation. Having complete and accurate information on your Bing business listing can help customers find your business and get in touch with you.
To get started with Bing Places for Business, you'll first need to create a free account on the Bing website. After you've created an account and logged in, you'll be able to add or claim your business listings. Once you've claimed a listing, you can begin editing it to include all of the relevant information about your business.
How do I appear on Bing Maps?
To appear on Bing Maps, you first need to create a Bing Maps account.
To add your business to a map, follow these steps:
- Login to your Bing Maps account.
- Click the Add tab at the top of the page.
- Type in your business name and address and press Enter.
- If your business is listed in our directory, it will automatically be added to the map. If not, you can drag and drop the pin onto the correct location on the map.
- Once your business is located on the map, you can edit its information, such as hours of operation and website URL
*NOTE: also set up a Bing Places Business Listing!
How do businesses use Bing Places?
Bing Places for Business is a free listing service provided by Microsoft that helps businesses improve their presence on Bing so they get found more frequently in local searches. Customers can add or claim their business listings, upload photos, describe their products or services, create coupons and respond to customer reviews to help others learn more about the business.
Microsoft provides a few different tools to help businesses make the most of their Bing business listing. The first is the Insights tool, which allows businesses to track how often their listing appears in search engine results, how many people are clicking through to their website from Bing, and what keywords are driving traffic to their listing. The second is the Promote tool, which helps businesses create coupons and special offers that appear in local organic searches.
How do I get my business to show up on Bing?
There are a few things you can do to ensure that your business appears on Bing. First, make sure that your website is correctly registered with Bing Webmaster Tools. This will help them crawl and index your site more effectively.
Second, create high-quality content that includes relevant keywords for your business. Be sure to use proper spelling and grammar, as this can also influence your ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
Third, promote your website through social media channels and online directories. Getting links from other websites is also beneficial, as it helps improve your site's credibility and authority in the eyes of search engines.
Taking these steps should help increase your visibility on Bing and in other organic searches.
Does Bing have a business page?
Yes, Bing has a business page. The page is aimed at helping businesses get the most out of using Bing as a search engine. It provides tips and advice on how to optimize your website for Bing, how to use Bing Ads, and how to track your results. There is also a section devoted to case studies, which show how other businesses have used Bing successfully.
Does Bing have something like Google My Business?
Yes, Bing has a Business Listing similar to Google My Business (now called Google Business Profile). Bings business listing is called Bing Places.