5 Secrets Every Business Owner Needs To Know To
Conquer Your Local Marketplace In 2020 And Beyond
You have a successful business that has built a reputation on quality products and services. But now, it’s a new year, a new decade and you are wondering what you can do to incorporate online marketing, digital marketing in your business development strategy to grow your business even further. There is no better time than right now, to think about what your business needs to do to conquer and grow in your local marketplace in the ’20’s.
What do we mean ‘conquer and grow in your local marketplace’? Ask yourself how your business will get more than your fair share of customers from your local market & keep them over the long term?
We are talking about growing your sales by getting ahead of your competitors.
Did you know:
- “near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years?
- 4 out of 5 consumers use search engines to search for local information, products and services.
Think of your own personal searches, ninety-two percent of searchers, like you and me, will choose a business they find on the first page of local search results. So, your website just has to be on that first page.
It’s also common sense that mobile searchers are more likely to visit your establishment if you have a mobile friendly site. So you MUST have a mobile friendly website.
If you want to get your fair share of recommendations your business should be leveraging social media. 71% of customers who have had a positive social media experience will recommend your business to a family member, friend or colleague.
So, to conquer local, and to get MORE than your fair share of customers from the local market and keep them over the long term you need to:
- Get on the first page of Google – to get found by 92% of searchers;
- Get a mobile friendly website – to get that 62% of mobile searchers;
- Have consistent social media activity – to get your brand recommended by that 71%;
- Maintain a healthy online reputation – to impact 93% of buyers;
- Ensure that when customers land on your website they get exactly what they need – Just common sense!
Sounds good … but how?
You are not alone, as a small business owner, if just thinking about digital marketing brings you anxiety and concern. It’s not your area of expertise and that is okay. As a small business owner your job is to understand your customer needs and develop a business strategy to grow your business by meeting their needs. Now that you better understand what your customers ‘information’ and ‘search’ needs have become in 2020, you can turn to a local digital marketing company like PinPoint Local, 519Web to help you meet those customer needs by making your business ‘top of mind’ when your next customer is ready to buy.
our five secrets
every business owner needs to know
to conquer your local marketplace in 2020 and beyond:
1. Get on the first page of Google – to get found by 92% of searchers
- Make sure your website is super fast to load
- Your content needs to be unique & relevant
- Ensure you are hosted on a good clean server
- Ensure you have an SSL certificate
- Do your keyword research
- Get some links from other authority websites
2. Get a mobile friendly website – to get that 62% of mobile searchers
- Ensure your design is mobile responsive
- Check your website on responsivetool.com
- If it’s not responsive – take immediate action – you’re losing business
3. Have consistent social media activity – to get your brand recommended by the 71%
- Ensure you are creating content on a regular basis
- Check you’re engaging your audience
- Can you create unique content – written, graphic and video?
4. Maintain a healthy online reputation – to impact 93% of buyers
- Claim any online listings that already exist
- Check the accuracy of online listings
- Monitor and respond to reviews
- Monitor and respond to social mentions
- Get more reviews
5. Ensure that when customers land on your website they get exactly what they need.
- Check usability and functionality
- Get it reviewed by someone who knows nothing about your business
- Fix any errors, out-dated content or misspellings
- Ensure you have clear calls to action
- Ensure you have a method for gathering customer emails
- Is your messaging clear and concise?
The good news …
You are more than likely not starting from ground zero.
You have more than likely made some progress on these points as you’ve been growing your business. Even if you think you have not!
The even better news …
I am willing to offer you a free consultation to evaluate where you need to concentrate your efforts to conquer local. At PinPoint Local, 519Web I am able to serve you locally, but with a global standard. We have some of the best SEO analysts, digital marketing agents, and web designers in the industry working for us world-wide. So you get the best of both worlds, local service and business development consultation with global digital marketing talent on your team. No one expects you to keep up with the ever changing digital marketing world, nor can you possibly keep all of this expertise in-house. One simple call (or email) can get you started.
Easy as 1 – 2 – 3 …
1. Contact us for a free consultation
2. We will evaluate where you need to concentrate your efforts to conquer and grow in your local marketplace.
3. Implement a custom-made plan just for your business (no additional training required) and start tracking your ROI to watch your bottom line grow!
Call Deborah at PinPoint Local, 519Web, in Kincardine, ON today 519.331.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free consultation.
Or visit our website https://519web.com | Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/519Web/